Thursday, February 6, 2014

Movie Night with Mrs. T's Pierogies!

I participated in a campaign on behalf of Millennial Central for Mrs. T’s Pierogies. I received a gift card to purchase get-together supplies to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
At my house all family get togethers revolve around food. I mean let's face it, why else would you want to spend time with family? Just kidding, but that's the best time to make recipes that you want but can't finish by yourself. This past weekend instead of getting together to watch the big game, we had movie night. Movie night is a great excuse to have a variety of finger foods including one of our favorites, Mrs. T's Pierogies!  Pierogi are practically the perfect food. You can have them with a variety of toppings and they even come filled with yummy things like cheese, veggies and meats.  I've even been known to make my own pierogi from scratch!

For this movie night though I went the route of convenience with Mrs. T's.  I love having these on hand for either a quick snack, meal or side dish. I prefer to pan fry mine and the 8 minutes it takes to make them is just about perfect. They're also a huge hit with friends and family. Everyone I know loves a good pierogi! Before moving to the Chicago area pierogi weren't really on my culinary radar. Louisville and Seattle aren't known for having a big polish community so I never even came across them in restaurants let alone stores. 

Pierogi make a great finger food. Think about it, they are just like a ravioli or a calzone. A perfectly encapsulated bit of food that makes it great for snacking. Even though I love pierogi, I couldn't just serve them alone. I also went with some chicken bites and mozzarella sticks with our usual assortment of chips.  I wanted to add in some extra protein dishes for those who eat meat.  The pierogis fit even better than my usual choices with my flexitarian diet.   They are not a solid hunk of meat for dinner which means that I can still be full. 

This means that I don't have to worry about eating them at all.  They're a healthy choice which means when I want that extra handful of chips I don't have to feel all the guilt.  I can munch on my Mrs. T's pierogies and feel like it's a treat.  They fit in really with our movie night as they're more portable since you can eat them with your hands, (I won't tell anyone!).  You can dip them in whatever sauce you like or eat them plain.  The choice is yours but you know it's a good one as you sit back and relax with a spectacular movie and you don't feel bloated or weighed down by carbs.  The party pierogi is the one you take one of and before you know it the rest are already gone. 
You can connect with Mrs. T's Pierogies on Facebook and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment